Resources for BCISD Teachers
Bridge City ISD Education Foundation exists to connect teachers to financial resources to aid them in educating and empowering their students.
Currently Available Grants
BCISD Education Foundation & BCISD Mini Grants
Previously Awarded Grants
Teacher Grant Presentation
Individuals or teams of teachers employed by BCISD who are involved in the instruction of students or related support services benefiting the students of BCISD.
Instructional approaches or projects to begin during the current or following school year and which meet the selection criteria.
Determination of Project Appropriatenes
The project is appropriate if you can answer “YES” to the following questions:
- Is it important to learning? (Does it relate to BCISD’s strategic plan/CIP?)
- Can it be done? (Practical time frame for completion of activities.)
- Is the value easily identified? (Impact on students.)
- Is the budget realistic? (Research carefully and be realistic. Small grants are just as likely to be awarded as large grants. Funds will not be awarded for budgeted items available from district resources.)
- Is it new to your campus? (Funds are not available for recurring programs/projects.)
Award of Funds:
Applications submitted by individuals or teams will not exceed $3,000.00.
- Grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded to individual Teacher initiated programs or projects.
- Grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded to Campus Teams or Department initiated programs or projects
Grants are awarded based on committee recommendation based on selection criteria and availability of funds from the Education Foundation.
Application Available: August 9, 2023
Application Due: August 30, 2023
Selection Committee Meeting: September 5, 2023
Grant Award Announced: September 11-15, 2023
- The degree to which the proposal represents creative or innovative approaches to instruction that inspires student learning.
- The degree to which the proposal develops, supports, and promotes leadership.
- The degree to which the project and objectives, clearly define how teaching will be enriched.
- The degree to which student learning is directly impacted.
- Application forms may be obtained via email link sent from the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Applications will be reviewed and commented on by the Grant Application Review Committee.
- For each grant application submitted, the committee shall either:
- Disapprove (deny);
- Approval with conditions, or
- Applicants will be notified of decisions within 30 days of application deadline. (Letter of approval or a Letter of Denial)
- If approved by the Foundation Board of Directors, the application will be presented to the BCISD Board of Trustees for formal acceptance of the grants.
- Projects will be funded by the BCISD Education Foundation and BCISD Mini Grant Process.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients:
- Use funds for the purpose intended and described in application.
- Complete all paperwork including evaluation in a timely manner.
- Agree to share grant information on special occasions as needed (Cardinal Conference or other professional development days.)
- Use BCISD approved vendors.
How to Apply
The application is a google form that can be found in an email from the Director of Curriculum and Instruction as well as by the principal on the BCISD Document Links page.
If the grant is awarded
- Applicants who have written a successful grant will be notified by the selection committed.
- All BC Education Foundation Grant Funds will be deposited in a BCISD account.
- All expenditures for this grant will be coded to the Foundation Grant account number.